Do you and your children know what to do in case your home or your community is affected by fire, flood, storm or other disaster? Unfortunately, several families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency occurs, there is a great chance you will not all be together. This is why making a family plan now is extremely important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis wants to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a customizable templatecreated to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email a copy to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of food, water and other essentials in case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for at least 3 days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make it a point to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least two times a year.
It is very important to have a plan in place so you and your family can be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please take a moment to download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by water, fire, mold, storm or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form